Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We Celebrated 7 years of Marriage

on Monday. It's crazy to think back to all that has happened in these past 7 years and all that we have been through as a couple. We have definitely had our trials and heartaches, but most of those 7 years have been amazing. I love my husband so much and am so lucky to have him in my life. I think marriage is partly a gamble. There are no guarantees or crystal balls to see into the future, but I got lucky. Ben is exactly what I need in my life. He is all the parts of myself that I want to be better or different, so really, together we are whole. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.



For our anniversary, Ben surprised me with a night away from the kids. He had made plans for my mom to watch them and then for his mom to have them sleepover. 
Then he took me to this Japanese Spa for a couple massage.

It was AMAZING. I had never had an actual Spa experience before. I have just been to little places here and there. But this was awesome. We put robes on and sat in the steam room. Then we sat in their meditation room and drank tea. Then they took us back for our massage. So RELAXING. We decided we could definitely do that once a week. 
After the spa, he surprised me with dinner at my favorite restaurant
I absolutely loves this place. Their shrimp and salad dressing are to die for.
Then after that we spent the night at a Bed and Breakfast.
It was a lot of fun, and made me realize I need a much longer vacation:)

4 comments:

Dallas and Lindsey said...

Goodness! He's a keeper! I was so jealous when I heard what you guys were going to do! I'm super happy that you got to have such a fun night away. That's so awesome. I still need to go to bennihanna...is that even how you spell it? Anyway, wahoo for you and ben. Happy anniversary again! Man though, that seems so weird that your wedding was 7 years ago. I remember I cried myself to sleep that night because I was so sad you were moving out, and I was so sure I was never going to see you again :( I guess I must love you a whole lot!!!!!

kristi said...

I am so glad that you two were married seven years ago. You are a wonderful couple and we miss you so much. Ben has always been my favorite of Cole's friends and I am so glad he married an incredible gal.

Brooke Jackson said...

Congrats. Its is crazy how time flies. Travis and I have been married for 8 years. WOW I was just a baby. Thank heaven for GOOD MEN!

reesekelleyandboys said...

Wow 7 years congrats thats awesome!! So glad you were able to celebrate, thats a must every once in awhile!! Happy late Anniversary!