Monday, June 30, 2008

Skydiving

Ben turned 30 on the 8th of this month, yes I know that was a while ago, but hey at least I am finally posting. So for his birthday his Dad took him skydiving. I don't have pictures of the actual event, but the night before he went we went up to an indoor skydiving place in Ogden. It is this huge enclosed tube thing that blows you up in the air by really strong fans. The instructors who do it were really fun to watch because they would turn the fans up full blast and go like 50 feet in the air and do flips and way cool tricks. When the average person goes in there, they only turn the fans on a low power so that you only go about 5 feet off the ground. However towards the end of Ben's turn they did go a little stronger, so I guess he went about 15 or so feet up. Ben had a blast skydiving for real the next day. He went tandem (where you are hooked to somebody) at first and then jumped by himself a few times. He loved it!! However, I was in a panic all day until he called me and I knew he was still alive, so I told him that this is not a sport he should get too fond of :).

Here are some dorky pictures of him and his Dad up at the air tunnel.



0 comments: