Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day weekend in Island Park



After we saw Old Faithful we decided to drive the long loop around the park to do some sight seeing. This waterfall was pretty cool.
Kamryn did not like the long drive. She was so tired, but would not fall asleep. This is what she looked like most of the time. :)


Just relaxin on the deck...








This is the funniest story- Hailey was going to sleep on the floor in the downstairs family room and as I was tucking her in she was a little nervous that a bear was going to break through one of the windows that were down there. I assured her  the bears were still hibernating and even if, they could not break through a window. Well  our bedroom was right off the family room where she was sleeping and at about six in the morning I heard a VERY LOUD tap, tap, tap on one of the windows in the family room. It woke up Ben and I. I jumped out of bed and ran out there and on the other side of the window was a huge black crow tapping his beak at the window. I had to hit the window to make him leave. Boy was my heart pumping!
Ben and Dan had a lot of fun fishing they each caught a fish on each of the days they went. On the first day Ben caught a fish  that had another fish inside it's mouth. He took a picture, but it is on his phone which is not here, so sorry you don't get to see it. It was pretty cool though. So I guess Ben caught 2 fish on the first day:)

This is Dan trying to sneak in one last catch before we made him get out of the water:)




3 comments:

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

Hey, I havn't talked to you in forever!! We really need to get together. My sister and nephew are coming into town today for the week. I think we are gunna do seven peaks on friday. Have you gone yet? anyway, very cute pictures!! i'll call you later!

Tai Christensen said...

I love your blog it is so cute!!!! It looks like you guys had a great time on vacation! Can I link you on my blog?

Dallas and Lindsey said...

Hey, I found Heidi McKay's (our cousin, janet's daughter) blog today by some fluke thing! I was looking at a blog of some photographer that was linked to another blog, and they had her blog linked to their site. Anyway, thought you might want to check it out. themckaycircus.blogspot.com