Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We got a tramp!

Well, the landscaping has begun. What a pain! I really wanted to do a trampoline in the ground. I called around and got some bids that ranged any where from $1300 to $2600, so Ben decided he could do it on his own. :) So first of course we got the tramp and figured out where we wanted it to go. Then we had to wait a few days for the utility companies come and make sure we didn't have anything running under ground where we wanted the hole. Then we rented a back hoe, that was fun- I had to follow behind Ben driving it all the way from Pleasant Grove. I think top speed was 15 miles per hour, maybe 20. After the hole was dug, we had a massive amount of gravel dumped right in the hole. Then we built a wall around the outside of the trampline frame to hold back the dirt and weeds. We placed the tamp down in the hole and then had to shovel a lot of gravel onto the other side of the trampoline frame to keep the wall of dirt a lot sturdier. We started this 3 weeks ago and just finished it this past weekend. It was A LOT of work! I think it was more then Ben had bargained for. But It looks good now that it's all done, and Kamryn can even get on, since I don't have to worry about her falling off so that is nice. Hailey absolutely loves it and our house has quickly become the neighborhood hang out. Hopefully that will change once we get a fence- if that ever happens:)

Here is a picture of Ben in the Back Hoe. He said it was fun doing this part. ( I think it is every little boys dream to drive one:) )
"Breaking Ground" I think it took about 3 hours to dig the whole hole.


This is just a cute picture of Kamryn eating dirt, while we worked outside.


0 comments: