Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lets catch up....

Summer time is always super crazy for me. I usually don't have much time to sit and update my blog, but now that it is getting colder outside I figured it was time.
There is no way to catch up on everything I missed so I found just a few pictures that I had and I'll go from there.

Hailey started kindergarten this year. I can't believe she is old enough for that now. I even had an extra year with her because of her late birthday, and it still caught me off guard. Besides getting her up in the morning, which is a chore in and of itself, I think I like it. She loves going too. She likes to feel grown up and like a big kid.
The week before school started, we went and met her teacher. She told us that on the first day of school, that a parent should go with Hailey for the first half hour. This is to help the children adjust. Ben said he would like to go with her.
The night before school, when I was tucking Hailey into bed, we had this conversation:
Hailey-"So which one of you is gonna come with me tomorrow?"
Me-"Well, Dad said he would go if that's ok with you."
"WHEEEEEW..........Im glad you said that."
"Why?"
"Well mom, I like you because you like to go shopping like I do and you buy me stuff, but Dad is just way cooler than you"
So there you have it. My daughter is only in kindergarten and already embarassed by me. I guess it had to happen sometime:)

Here is a picture of her on her first day of school.
Over Labor Day we went down to Lake Powell and had tons of fun. I have way too many pictures, so I am only doing a couple on here. I loved this one of the girls; however, now that I am looking at it, I am noticing Hailey is doing a goofy smile. Oh well, still cute!
Kam was brave and went down the slide again and Hailey went wakeboarding with Ben. And I still did not jump off the house boat. (I know, loser)
In order to get Hailey to go wakeboarding I had to bribe her with a Peek-a-Boo Barbie. So the first day we were home we went to Target to pick one out and Kamryn picked one up to. I explained to her that Hailey was getting one because she was brave and went wake boarding. Her response to me was: "I a tuff girl. I go down slide. I want a PeekBoo"
How could I argue that? So they both got one.
It was so cute.
After we got home from Lake Powell, Hailey had to go and turn six. Seriously, why can't we just freeze them? It goes way too fast.
Any who, she has really wanted a Hampster for the last year or so and I have always said no. I don't really like gross smells and the thought of a stinky Hampster cage in my house was just way too much to bear. But for some reason or another I let my sister Kristen talk me into it, and I caved. So this is what Hailey looked like when she first saw it.
I this is what the stinky little guy looks like. However, if you clean the cage a lot then the smell really isn't too bad.
This is a picture of all the kids at Hailey's birthday party at Kangaroo Zoo. Bens second cousin (or something like that) owns it, and gave us a good deal there. But I would highly recommend having your next birthday party there, they were awesome!! They entertained the kids, they took pictures, they wrote down the gift list, the kids got a visit from Ko Ko the Kangaroo, and most importantly they did all the clean up:)
There you have it. I have finally updated, now hopefully I will be a little bit more on top of it this winter

3 comments:

Tori said...

I'm so glad to see your cute family! I can't believe you have a hamster! But then again, I caved on getting a puppy 10 months ago, and I still can't believe we have him! Your girls are darling!!! We miss you guys!

reesekelleyandboys said...

Yay I love all your new pictures! So cute! Have a Happy Halloween!

Tai Christensen said...

That hamster is ugly. I love the pic of Hailey and Ben on the water skis! So fun!!!