A few days ago I went in our garage to get out Hailey's bike, and noticed little foam pieces all over the ground. I looked around and noticed they had come from the inside of our garage door. Something had been trying to nibble it's way out of our garage. I kinda laughed about it and told Ben when he got home. He went and looked in the garage, but couldn't see anything. We figured that whatever it was had run out when we opened the garage door. Then just yesterday I went into the garage to take out the garbage, and I heard some rustling noises coming from the side of the garage where the nibbling had occurred before. Since it was dark and I was barefoot, I ran inside screaming. Actually it could have been light and I could have been wearing combat boots and I probably still would have run inside screaming.:) Anyways- Ben
came out into the garage and we noticed that the small hole that was in the garage door before was now a lot bigger and the rubber weather strip on the bottom of the door now had a good amount of chunks bitten out of it. Ben moved a few things around and found a squirrel. I was watching the open garage door, and he never ran out, but he went somewhere and was now hiding. So Ben had to move everything out of the garage to try to find him. As he was doing this we noticed all the other things the squirrel had been nibbling on to try to get out. He not only had chewed a hole in the garage door, he also had chewed a whole in the sheet rock on the wall and the weather strip on the bottom of both the garage doors.He also had chewed threw a box and chewed the wire that controls the sensor to our garage door totally in half. I guess when he figured he wasn't
getting out of there he started getting bored and tried to play some baseball, but couldn't figure out how to pick it up:) We never did find him, so we are crossing our fingers that he ran out at some point while Ben cleaned the garage.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Our New Friend...
Posted by laurie at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oh my CREEPYNESS!! I would have been screaming too!
Oh my gosh!! I can't believe you had a squirrel!! That's nuts. (hahahaha get it:) ) Hopefully he didnt do too much damage to your garage door. And I love the new template. Now we just gotta find out how to make the name at the top of the blog all cutesy with different fonts and colors. Anyway..keep the pics of your kids coming. I miss them to death!!
Post a Comment